Navigating the Labor Shortage
Stay Connected Webinar Series
Navigating the Labor Shortage – Panel Discussion
Overview: There are many reasons behind the 2022 labor shortage. The biggest reason for the employee shortage appears to be the fact that many experienced workers have simply left the hospitality and retail industry for more stable jobs. These industries have a reputation for long hours, low wages, and no benefits – a precarious combination that put many people at risk during the pandemic. With these challenges come opportunities for the industry to pivot and find solutions as we rebound in 2022.
- Learn tips from local business owners who have stepped outside the box to keep an engaged staff.
- Find out about Industry specific job boards
- What can you offer beyond the Job- Flexible Schedules, Learning environment, opportunities for advancement, Employee Perks
- Untapped Labor Sources – College Career Centers, Career Building Internships, Create a Returnship Program, Talent Recruiting Firms and Employee Referral Programs
- Ask yourself, Do you offer what today’s employee wants?
Donna Labriola, WCD Moderator
Kristin Clark, Board & Brush
Bob Power, Park Smart employee parking -program
Mariah Bruce & Catherine Fonseca, Contra Costa College Career Services
Kevin Kalstad, Gecko Hospitality Recruitment Company